Thursday, May 30, 2013

Making Art

We have a little artist.  Peaches has always been our little artist, coloring on walls was her specialty when she was two.  This seemed to be a thing of the past, until the other day, when she moved on to pillars.  The story goes, the other day I took the easel outside for her to paint on. Painting outside is so much better then inside. She was so adorable painting away, and then it started to rain, so I threw the extra paint by the hose (to clean later...my mistake HERE) and headed in. Well, later came and went and I completely forgot about all the paint sitting outside.

The next day they go out to play and I go into the office to put something away and I hear her on our front porch just singing away (she always is singing and making up songs), I look and she is dancing and singing, holding a PAINT BRUSH. "Oh NO" runs through my head, my eyes quickly dart to the mass of green paint now covering one of our white pillars.  Painting the pillars green, she was painting the pillars green! 

I didn't handle this well, looking back I wish I would have taken a deep breath and then approached the situation, but there was a lot of yelling and then scrubbing, and it all came off, and we made up. She promised to never paint the pillars again....and I promised to always clean up the paint!!!!

Here are some pics of the artist at work





You can see the white pillar in the background that got a fresh coat of green paint the next day




No comments:

Post a Comment