Thursday, May 9, 2013

Spring=New

New Name
This winter I was so sure I was going to start this blog that would become an instant success. Then I did two blog posts and didn't make it much further.  I think I had the wrong name for the blog, Madame Merriment is super cute, and maybe one day, I will be her, but right now I am Mommy. Mommy Merriment is also super cute and much for fitting for my life right now. This is something I know and can write about! Maybe now I have actually found my voice!

New Opportunity
I will also be posting about my new adventure into photography.  I have always had a love for photography. I will have to try and find this picture, but one day when I was babysitting my brothers (7 and 9 years younger) I tacked up a blue sheet on the wall, but them in their bathing suits and filled the frame with seashells, boats and sea life.  My very first little photo shoot. I didn't tell my mom what we did while she was gone and when she picked up her film from the grocery store she had a big surprise. I still remember her reaction of surprise and laughter when she saw how I made my brothers pose! From as long as I can remember I have been dressing people up, making them pose and taking pictures or making movies.  My great grandfather was a professional photographer in Chicago during the depression. He was Hungarian and actually studied in Europe too.  My grandma has the most amazing pictures of her and her four siblings growing up. He was also an artist (didn't get that talent!) and would paint a scene and then transpose their images onto it.  These paintings and pictures are true heirlooms and priceless treasures.  This was during a time when having your picture taken was a true luxury as well.  I also believe that on my father's side a great grandfather owned a Kodak processing store...but those facts need to be verified. Don't you just love family heritage?

So, photography is kind of in my blood. My parents are also very talented photographers, but never pursued it any more than just a hobby.  It is with a thirst for knowledge and a want to learn and grow that I jump into this new endeavor in my life.  I can't wait to see what comes of it!

The Engineer, Peaches and Gaga will be happy for me to finally have some new subjects to dress up and take pictures of!

No comments:

Post a Comment