Thursday, August 6, 2015

Love and Peace




Let me start by saying that I had no idea that when I pulled up to my session that night, that I would meet one of the strongest families I think I will ever know. I talked with Rachel on the phone and via Facebook before the session and knew that their two year old son had some special needs that we would work with for our pictures, I had no idea that Kole was such a special little guy and that is story was going to be heartbreaking and that his mom and dad would be so strong and courageous. 

See, Kole was born a healthy and happy little guy and shortly after his first birthday experienced a Grand Mal seizure that changed his life and his parents life forever. Kole is now paralyzed and blind, but still has all the love in the world from his momma and dad. The love that they all have and their bond and strength and commitment to providing the best care for Kole is evident in everything they do. 
For more information on Kole's journey visit https://www.facebook.com/kare4kole?fref=ts.

Here are some images from the time we spent together.
Starting with some special moments for mom and dad...<3







 I think that Kole thinks his dad is a super hero and he is correct in his thinking! 


































From the kare4kole Facebook page, "My son is disabled but that does not mean his world is any different than a "normal" childs. Kole still has his little attitudes, he giggles on & on, we have our little conversations (baby talk)& then we have our down days as well. Sometimes where we won't leave the house for a few days at a time and are in and out of hospitals. We just go about things a little different but are and still able to do almost eveything else a little boy his age can do with some help of course. If you are close to me you know Kole does EVERYTHING with me, he goes places, we do fun things just as we did before. Kole is a normal little boy in my eyes I don't think of him as disabled or any different. We stay busy and are thankful for the time we have with him. Koles sickness has brought us more bad days than good. We are so beyond blessed to be able to do all the things we have done with him. You never know what tomorrow will bring."











No comments:

Post a Comment